Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Bijoy notes that Gregg Fraley, who spoke to the Ideation group, will be at the ACA meeting, which runs through Saturday.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Here's a brief outline of Gregg's talk:
- Make a wish list. No judgments, just list. Don't let your mind get in the way
- CPS Method: Exploration: research, problem framing; Generation: ideation; Plan for action. Techniques include iterative divergent/convergent stages: List/choice, list/choice, etc.
- Backdrop principles: Make lists, defer judgment
- Generate Ideas: In what way might I....Use the best topic from your wish list. Make a list, go nuts. Hit the wall and keep going past it. The best ideas come after the wall. Re-frame and distill the problem or goal
- Post-it Note Brainstorming; find your resource group and use it; brainstorm then organize ideas into categories: cluster and combine ideas
- Re-frame your problem by using adjectives from an unrelated object (like a bottle or computer)
- What would an influential person from your past advise? A teacher? Mentor? What would Abe Lincoln (or another important historical person) say?
- Develop criteria for a reasonable solution (does it cost under a certain amount or is it actionable within a specific time-frame, use 4 generally) and rate your solutions on a 1-3 scale according to those criteria. Then improve on each idea to make it score better
- Getting into Action: Make a list of people who can help; make a list of people who might hinder; make a list of resources; make a list of who would be excited about it
- Take action. What is one thing you can do today before you go to bed? Remember: that which is measured improves
All attending seemed to get a great deal out of the meeting as Gregg had us each focus on a specific problem we are facing. Gregg can be reached at gregg AT greggfraley DOT com.
Additional reading: Jack's Notebook (CPS explained in a novel format), Creative Leadership (in-depth explanation of CPS, very technical)
Thursday, March 15, 2007
The Social Networking group SockNet Austin has formed and you are invited to join.
Please join, put up a note about your social network or social media site, and blog about us!
Monday, March 05, 2007
Don't forget to come to the next Bootstrap marketing swarm on
Wednesday, March 7. We'll be reviewing social networks: how to build
them and how to market them. Social Networks will be the guerilla way
to market many businesses in the coming 5 years.
We have been able to secure a location for our Social Network Swarm.
You'll find a map here:
No food, so grab something before you come.
Call Brian Massey for questions:
Should be a good lead-in to all of the Bootstrap evens coming up for SXSW Interactive.